Professor at University of Padova
Scientific Advisor at ULB
Giulia Licini started her scientific activity at the University of Padova with Giorgio Modena and Ottorino De Lucchi working on cycloaddition reaction of vinyl bis-sulfones. In 1985 she worked at the Institute Donegani, Novara on fluorinated polymers. From 1986 to 1988 she carried her PhD at the University of Padova, Doctoral School in Chemical Sciences, working in Giorgio Modena group on stereoselective sulfoxidation catalysed by Ti(IV) chiral complexes. After she spent one year at the Colorado State university in Albert I. Meyer group working on tandem addition on naphthyl oxazolines. In 1990 she was appointed as CNR research c/o Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Padova. Then she became research associate (ricercatore) in organic chemistry at the Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Padova. Since 2011 she is full professor in the same university, Department of Chemical Sciences. Giulia is appointed as scientific collaborator in the EMNS Lab since 2013.
Giulia Licini was President of Section Veneto the Italian Chemical Society (2005-07) and member of the Board of the interdivisional Catalysis group (2012-2017). She is member of the Executive Council, the Scientific Council and Assembly of the Consortium Reactivity and Catalysis (CIRCC) as a representative of the University of Padova (2005- ) and Vice-president of the Italian group for CO2 valorization.
• Design and synthesis of new polydentate chiral ligands and receptors
• Synthesis and structural characterization, reactivity and mechanistic study of metal catalysts bearing chiral polydentate ligands.
• Study of metal catalysed oxygen transfer processes
• Design and synthesis of hybrid organic/inorganic materials for catalysis and molecular recognition
• Design of homogeneous catalyst for biomass (lignin) valorisation.